Friday, September 18, 2015

Sixth Cyborg in Series Underway


My cyborg series started with mechanical limbs on models. I enjoyed working with the human body and making the mechanical parts appear flat and composed of basic shapes.















I wanted to try something different and decided to turn my cyborgs into amputees. I only did two of these paintings before I realized that I wanted to work more with the cyborg theme.













This is my current painting in my cyborg series. I was beginning to work with the male figure because I realized I use the female body the most. However, I defaulted to a female figure for this one because I wanted to try a darker skin tone on a familiar body shape; I didn't realize how generic the skin tones were appearing on all my paintings. I hope to paint two, dark skinned male cyborgs for the last two paintings in my series.

No comments:

Post a Comment